Cannabis Services

Prior to hiring us or any environmental/biological consultant, start at the County by going to this link:

After reviewing the standards for biological assessments/management plans, if you are unsure, please stop in or call the county. Ask them what kind of report they think you will need. Please get it in writing.

Growers, EOS has been in business a long time for a reason. Do not ask us to ‘pretend’ the oak trees are still there, the wetlands are still there, that hillside is still there, the hoops houses are not there, etc. We are not this kind of consultant. You want to get legal? Get legal all the way. If not, please do not call us. We will not take your job.

If you want an official assessment to include in your application package, please do not send us photographs, diagrams, etc. EOS does not/cannot provide consulting services/confirmation using photographs, pictures, diagrams. To obtain “official” guidance regarding watercourses (and ALL GROWERS MUST CONSULT WITH CDFW), landmark trees, landmark groves, sensitive/listed species (including critical habitat designations), erosion/stormwater concerns–any biological concerns, you must enter into a contract with EOS before we can be cited as “your biologist”. Please do NOT cite us as “your biologist” unless you have in fact, hired us.

Q: So I have all these requirements. Is there some way to speed it up depending on what I do first?

Good question! Yes. Always do the biology FIRST because everything else hinges off these findings. It also allows for good site planning at the BEGINNING of the process. CEQA is based on the principal of avoidance–meaning your site planning should be based on avoiding as many impacts as possible. The biological report will identify areas to avoid to reduce impacts (=”regulatory burden”). If you are able to put your grow in an area that avoids impacts to sensitive resources (rare species, wetlands, watercourses, steep slopes, landmark oaks, other sensitive resources concerns), you are not only protecting the environment, you are speeding up your approval process. ADTBF! “Always Do The Biology First!”.

Q: Okay, so I need something official from you guys. What do I do next?

We come out to your property usually for a nominal fee (depends on location) and make the assessment, yes you do need additional surveys/management plan, no you do not. If after this, you want to hire us, we require a straight-forward (usually) simple contract and a retainer/deposit.

After this, we provide a letter (no additional biological surveys/plans needed) or complete the service you need, Habitat Management Plan, Restoration Plan, Biological Report, etc. Besides regulatory guidance, our ultimate goal is you reduce your impacts as much as possible (which complies with multiple regulatory mandates as well) and understand good land stewardship concepts.

How much does it cost?

We do not have a flat rate and need to look at the job on site. It depends on the complexity of the project, size of the property, and distance from our W. Nevada County office. Generally, it ranges from $350-$5000+.

Q: I already installed my grow, the project, including some buildings.

Q: I already graded/cleared the property.

With or without a grading permit, EOS does not do “after-the-fact” (meaning the project has already been installed, the site has been graded, soil has been moved, trees have been cut down, wetlands filled, etc.) biological reports UNLESS you have gone to the county first and reported this (Code Enforcement). Once the county is aware, we do provide services to resolve land use code compliance issues including erosion control, habitat restoration, management plans, similar services.

For new projects, meaning no grading/site alteration has taken place, we provide consulting services with the goal being to minimize your project impacts as much as possible.

Q. Do you do Site Management Plans, help with compliance with “Attachment A” (Water Boards)?

Yes we do.

With all clients, in the interest of the human community and the natural environment, we educate regarding proper land stewardship practices.

Q: What does “good land stewardship” mean?

Did you know there are some people who want to see cannabis illegalized again? Why? Because they have seen too much ecological damage from marijuana grows in the past and there has been some serious damage done. Becoming legal is not only the chance to live without the stress of growing illegally, but it now gives growers a way to “CULTIVATE, INTEGRATE, PRESERVE”.

CIP means having the least impact on the land you can (which translates into fewer regulatory hoops/saving money anyway), integrating CA’s natural biodiversity into your operation/grow by preserving native trees, native wildflowers, natural habitats. If you need erosion control/stormwater capture, maybe you plant CA native grasses, native shrubs to hold the soil. Preserve means preserving as much of the natural environment on the property as possible.

The idea of integrating also includes integrating into the human community. There is a right way to do it and a wrong way…

Integrating the natural community into your cultivation operation will integrate you into the human community around you. Growers have incredible opportunities to preserve the land in conjunction with their grows. It’s time for a new paradigm and we are excited about the cannabis growers of the future who want to do this. The next chapter is yours to write.

Image of old growth oak

Powered by and